TEL 01206 240933
Bookings are now being taken for 2019 onwards.
I offer a limited number of workshops on a one-to-one basis, for those wishing to learn or improve their freestyle/ free motion machine embroidery techniques. A small number of Saturdays are available for those of you unable to take time off during the week.
You don't need to know how to sew and you don't even need your own sewing machine as you can hire mine. Free style machine embroidery is not sewing, it is simply creating art, using a sewing machine as your tool, as your paintbrush.
Each one-to-one session costs £95 and for this you get:
- Three hours of individual tuition, progressing at your own pace,
- A textile mini-artwork at the end of the session,
- Stitch sample cards (2 of your choice to start your collection,
reflecting some of the stitch techniques you have learned).
Tea and coffee are on hand throughout.
New - for 2019
In recognition that 3 hours of tuition can be quite intense, I am also offering 2 hours personalised tuition for £65. So if you feel that 3 hours might be too wearing, 2 hours will still get you mastering the basics and give you plenty of confidence to practice further at home.
Personalised tuition is great for those:
- who have tried a group workshop elsewhere and found this type of
workshop to be distracting or not moving at the pace that suits their own
preference (either too fast or too slow)
- who want to create their own textile artwork and have a definite idea of
what they want to achieve but don't know how to go about achieving it
- artists who work in other mediums who want to try stitch painting.
- Start times are typically 9.30am to 12.30pm although I can be flexible about the start times if you have a way to
- Mondays to Fridays available (weekends may be available subject to diary commitments).
- Get full access to my fabric and embellishments stash, although you may wish to use your own special fabrics if you
have something in particular in mind for your design.
- Sewing machine available to hire upon request (£10 per session).
- At the end of your session, you will take away your very own mini textile artwork, either finished and ready for you to
frame, or if you prefer, a bigger unframed artwork to work on further in your own time.
Teaching workshops - for sewing groups, craft clubs and friendship groups
I am also available to teach workshops, either to formal sewing or craft groups or within your own home to a circle of your friends. Please use the contact form or email me at email@example.com for further details: costs will vary according to individual requirements.