TEL 01206 240933
Double click to insert body text here ...
Suitable for beginners (following template provided), plus improvers and experienced sewers (who can adapt their template accordingly and who may find the discussions on composition useful).
Equipment needed: sewing machine capable of working free motion i.e. feed dogs dropped, quilting, darning or similar foot for sewing machine, basic sewing kits (pins, scissors etc), embroidery hoop, threads and fabric stash.
3 and 10 October 10-12.30pm £60 Tea, coffee and biscuits included.
Wednesday 15 May 2019
Venue: Fordham Heath
Max no. students 4
Price - £55
Tea, coffee and biscuits provided throughout, bring your own lunch/ snacks.
- Sewing machine capable of working freehand (feed dogs dropped or cover plate used)
- Basic sewing kit - scissors (paper and fabric), pins, unpicker etc
- Embroidery hoop (between 6-10 inches)
- Fabric stash and threads (suggestions will be emailed to you shortly before the workshop)
- Slippers (to make your feet extra comfy!)
This workshop covers lots of information and practice on creating your own peaceful 'Riverbank' scene, which incorporates lots of ways to create beautiful reflections using fabrics and threads. Using applique techniques and free motion embroidery you will work to Heidi's template whilst having the freedom to input your own creativity as required.
Heidi will demonstrate each stage and you will have plenty of time to practice before working on your project. Once completed, this design can be framed as a textile artwork or you can incorporate it into another project such as a cushion or quilt.