TEL 01206 240933
If you would like to learn how to use a sewing machine needle to draw your own freehand art onto fabric, then this is the workshop for you.
Heidi will demonstrate a variety of techniques which you will then get the chance to practise. By the end of the session you will have worked on a design which you can then later frame or incorporate into another project such as a cushion, handbag etc.
You can work to your own design or use one of Heidi's available templates. This flexibility is particularly useful if you wanted to attend a specific themed workshop which was fully booked or if you couldn't make that date. So for example you could work on a picture of a favourite pet or you could base your design on one of Heidi's 'Seedheads' workshop templates.
Tea, coffee and biscuits provided throughout, bring your own lunch/ snacks
- Sewing machine capable of working freehand (feed dogs dropped or cover plate used)
- Basic sewing kit - scissors (paper and fabric), pins, unpicker etc
- Embroidery hoop (between 6-10 inches)
- Fabric stash and selection of threads (suggestions will be emailed to you shortly before the workshop)
- Slippers (to make your feet extra comfy!)